Re: A proposal for establishing an RDFa IG

Sam Ruby wrote:

> Ben will confirm then when we met in March, I suggested that the best
> course of action was to simply produce a "RDFa in HTML" document, and
> that I have taken every opportunity I can find to reinforce that
> notion.  In the ASF, you will often hear the term JFDI in situations
> like these.  If you are nof familiar with that term, I'll leave it up
> to your imagination what the letters stand for.
All this aside, you will note that Ben conveyed your request to the
group, and I and others produced a draft of such a document.  However,
at the time, we were told and believed that we could not produce such a
document under the auspices of the W3C because we are not chartered to
do so (the existing task force is under the SemWeb and XHTML 2
Activities).  That's why the document is in "ApTest" space [1] today.
The document is being worked on, it has tests, it has implementations,
it will have an implementation report, etc.  We have received comments,
we have an issue repository [2], and we are working through those issues.

I would be pleased to release copyright on this document to the W3C once
someone in management there tells me there is a home for it.  Until
then, ApTest is more than willing to support the activity.  Basically,
and I am sure you agree with me here Sam, I refuse to let bureaucracy
get in the way of progress.

[1] http://www.aptest.com/standards/rdfa-html
[2] http://rdfa.info/wiki/Rdfa-in-html-issues