Re: A proposal for establishing an RDFa IG

Hi, Manu-

Doug Schepers wrote (on 7/8/09 10:33 PM):
> Hi, Manu-
>
> Manu Sporny wrote (on 7/8/09 10:58 AM):
>> Sam Ruby wrote:
>>>
>>> I hope that this work can be done inside of the W3C. If there is
>>> anything I can do to help, let me know.
>>
>> I believe that almost everyone in this community hopes that the work on
>> RDFa can be done inside of the W3C. The latest XHTML2 announcement has,
>> unsurprisingly, made those involved in work related to XHTML2 a bit
>> jumpy.
>
> Understandably so. We did take pains to make

Sigh...

Understandably so. We did take pains to make people aware that we are
still invested in RDFa and XHTML, though the FAQ, but there has still
been a lot of confusion and uncertainty.  We expect that the XHTML2 WG
will help tie up those loose ends over the course of their remaining
chartered period.

I agree that the RDFa story needs to be clarified as soon as is possible.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs