Re: A proposal for establishing an RDFa IG

Sam Ruby wrote:
> Before I agree, let me give my perspective.  People are going to use
> RDFa in HTML, and as such I feel that such usage should be documented,
> test suites set up, and libraries made to interoperate, yadda, yadda,
> yadda.  I don't happen to agree that that work as largely done.

I agree that this should be done. It's not done yet, but it's well on
its way (and the work on RDFa in XHTML1.1 is of course a huge help in this.)

> Talking specifically about a "RDFa in HTML" draft, I don't see how
> anybody can take a position that microdata is in scope for the HTML WG
> and RDFa in HTML is not.

Well, Henri did just that in his blog post, and Ian clearly thinks that.
 Therein lies the problem. We want to work on RDFa and address real use
cases without being dependent on Ian. Sure, joint work can happen to
enable RDFa in HTML5, but since HTML5 is willing to ignore what Google,
Yahoo, CC, the UK government, and many others are doing, then *some*
group needs to take on that work. That's the point of the RDFa IG.

-Ben