Re: lcsh.info RDFa SKOS and content negotiation - use of RDF-style # IDs in RDFa?

Dan,

I was having the same issue with RDFa and RDF/XML that were created for the
same personal profile (e.g. my profile at
http://www.sergeychernyshev.com/sergey) - the issue is not only with hash
links (#someid), but with relative (../someid) and absolute (/someid) URIs
which depend on the URL and obviously different for XHTML+RDFa document.

Although "inferencing" approaches with blank nodes and functional properties
are probably working, I chose to go with direct approach and resolve URIs
that go to XHTML+RDFa document making full URIs (e.g.
http://www.mysite.com/simeid or http://www.mysite.com/#someid in case of
hash) while keeping relative ones in RDF/XML version (being primary
storage/editable version for the application). My motivation was that first
wave on Semantic Web clients (like Search Monkey) are probably not going to
be very good at inferencing for many reasons (including performance).

I wonder if there's anything wrong with resolving the URIs to their full
form (except for maybe taking more space)?

           Sergey

--
Sergey Chernyshev
http://www.sergeychernyshev.com/