Re: Jena/SPARQL.org bug when processing URNs

Toby A Inkster wrote:
> Manu Sporny wrote:
>> Shane McCarron spotted this bug in the SPARQL.org implementation while
>> running his RDFa processor against the RDFa test suite[1].
>
> Who did? ;-)
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2008Aug/0021.html

Heh, woops - sorry Toby, I completely missed that e-mail from you.

BTW, Toby - I finally published an updated version of the Audio RDF and
Media RDF vocabulary that cites your contributions to them:

http://purl.org/media/audio#contributors
http://purl.org/media/#contributors

> Ralph Swick tracked down a reference in the RDF Concepts and Abstract
> Syntax which says that for the purposes of RDF, two URIs are only
> considered equivalent if they are the same, compared character by
> character as Unicode strings.

Hmm... that's a bit strange. Anybody know the thought process behind
that decision? For example, that would mean that this:

http://example.org/

and this

HTTP://example.org/

while being canonically the same, would fail in any sort of RDF-based
comparison?

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny