Re: Jena/SPARQL.org bug when processing URNs

Manu Sporny wrote:

> Shane McCarron spotted this bug in the SPARQL.org implementation while
> running his RDFa processor against the RDFa test suite[1].

Who did? ;-)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2008Aug/
0021.html

I'm guessing that Shane spotted the same problem as he's using the
same URI handling library.

> This seems to be a bug in the SPARQL engine - can you please verify
> that
> it is, or let us know why it isn't? Thanks in advance :)

Ralph Swick tracked down a reference in the RDF Concepts and Abstract
Syntax which says that for the purposes of RDF, two URIs are only
considered equivalent if they are the same, compared character by
character as Unicode strings.

For Shane's benefit: I'm guessing what he's doing is passing URLs to
the URI::URL Perl module to help resolve relative URIs. My workaround
has been to first compare them against this regexp:

If the URI matches that regexp, then it's already absolute, so you
don't need to pass it through URI::URL.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>