Re: Best practice for DTD validation of RDFa xmlns attributes

Shane,

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 5:29 AM, Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com> wrote:
> I think i am confused Dorian.  The use of xmlns:foo attributes is perfectly
> valid XML.  The W3C validation service will not complain about such use.
>  Some other validators, based upon SGML DTD technology, might complain but
> they would be in error.

You're right - mea culpa. I had forgotten that xmlns attributes are
exempt from explicit mention in XML DTD processing (it's been a
while). Furthermore I had been using Tidy to validate my XHTML in
local tests, and was under the mistaken impression that it actually
used the real supplied DTD.

Thanks for straightening me out!