RE: geo location tutorial cut

Shane,

Wonderful!

>In the examples I point to the dbpedia entry for the Washington Monument as the definitive *subject* I am describing.  There is also a Washington Monument web page from the US Government.  Why is that not a more appropriate subject?

It is no about what is more appropriate ;) It is about 'about WHAT do I want to say something'.

If you say: 'http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Monument <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Monument>  comprises 13 images' is completely different compared to 'http://dbpedia.org/page/Washington_Monument <http://dbpedia.org/page/Washington_Monument>  comprises sandstone'.

In the first case you describe a property of an HTML page (an information resource) in the second case you talk about an obelisk, a real-world entity (a non-information resource).

You may also wanna have a look at what Ed Summers did at [1].

Cheers,
Michael

[1] http://lcsh.info/ <http://lcsh.info/>

 Michael Hausenblas, MSc.