RE: RDFa test suite addition

Mark,

>I'm afraid I don't follow you. I'm not sure what you mean when you say
>that you agree with me BUT want to draw attention to the question of
>opacity, since I don't know which part of what I am saying detracts
>from opacity.
>
>Having said that, I'd also say that I don't see opacity of URIs as
>relevant to this discussion. :)

My fault. I should have been more explicit. Let me give an example that
demonstrates the issue.

As far as I understand it there is a basic assumption around that there
is a 1:1 mapping between a file system path and an URI structure. Though
this might be the case, this need not to be true. IMHO only under this
assumption the 'relative URI discussion' (as we have) makes sense.

Just to be crystal clear about what I talk:

http://example.com:8080/company/staff/person?id=mark#me

'http' ... scheme
'example.com:8080' ... authority
'company/staff/person' ... path
'id=mark' ... query
'me' ...  fragment

So, I'm talking about the URI path 'company/staff/person'

Now, it is perfectly possible that there is somewhere a directory
structure on a file system where this resource is directly served from.
But what is about when mod_rewrite is used to generate cool URIs? That
is in fact we might have

http://example.com:8080/service.php?main=company&section=staff&person?id
=mark#me

and having a rewrite rule that allows to access that resource at

http://example.com:8080/company/staff/person?id=mark#me

Thoughts?

Cheers,
	Michael