Re: Late, but I have reservations.

Gannon J Dick wrote:

> Second, some of my issues may have been dealt with already:
> including 1) the syntax incompatibility with DCMI <meta> and
> <link>, and 2) the same incompatibility vis-a-vis GRDDL.

The syntax of RDFa certainly *differs* from the above, but as far as
I know there aren't any situations where the differences cause
problems. (Though certainly you could write an XSLT transformation
which deliberately misinterprets RDFa and link to it via GRDDL. This
is outside of the typical use case of GRDDL though, which generates
RDF from microformats and microformat-like HTML, mostly looking at
HTML classes.)

> The use of RDFa attributes within the <body> element do not
> necessarily suffer from the same issue, except for one class of
> user - persons (and personal privacy).

Persons are one of the key classes of user RDFa is aimed at. ;-)

If you publish personal data on the wild, wild web, then you really
shouldn't have any expectation of privacy with regard to those data.
That is true with or without RDFa.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>