Re: having triples, how to annotate terms in page?

Hello,

On 23/01/2008, Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@formsplayer.com> wrote:
> Apologies, but I don't quite follow the question about being more or
> less verbose. Which triples to use would really depend on what it is
> that you want to say, rather than any general rules.

I'm thinking of what would be the minimum useful information, the goal
being to have a human user to specify the meaning/disambiguate of some
terms, or persons (in foaf case). I think in some cases @instanceof
could be omitted and recovered by who is concerned by dereferencing
@about. I'll think of some detailed examples.

> Out of interest though, are you planning to add those attributes
> within the browser, by manipulating the DOM?

For the moment yes, only at DOM, think at integrating
"at-the-glass(dom)" with ther RDFa aware extensions, the DOM is
transient, but other extensions can pick up the annotations and save
them (i.e. a RDFa aware PiggyBank).

I also look into doing this annotation within the editing area of
WYSIWYG html editors in web pages, such that you can annotate with
RDFa your blog entry prior to publishing; so the persistence would be
delegated to the blog engine.

Laurian Gridinoc, purl.org/net/laur