Does @instanceof apply to @href? (was: finding closure on the issues)

Ben Adida wrote:
> - if @href can complete a triple, then for consistency, @instanceof
> *has* to apply to that @href. For example:

I think we should treat this as a separate issue from what completes a
triple.

I realize that these are somewhat related, but whether or not
@href/@resource completes a hanging @rel does not have much to do with
how we set the rdf:type of an object. This is clearly a separate issue
in the current draft of the RDFa Syntax Document.

You seem to be arguing for the same thing that Mark is arguing for
(minus @resource and @src):

RDFa Syntax Document, Section 5.3.2.4:
the [current element identifier] is set;

The [current element identifier] is set to the value of @about, if
present, or the value of @resource, if present, or the value of @href,
if present, or the value of @src, if present, or a [blank node]. This
means that the value of the [current element identifier] will not
necessarily be the same as the [current resource], since in the absence
of an attribute to set its value it will be set to a [blank node],
whilst [current resource] inherits from its context.

Note that unless the final value of [current element identifier] is a
[blank node] then it will be an absolute IRI, which means that any
relative paths must be normalised against [base] in the [current
evaluation context], using the algorithm defined in RFC 3986. The value
might also have been provided as a [curie], and if so, it is processed
as defined in CURIE Syntax Definition.
and

RDFa Syntax Document, Section 5.3.5:
Type values for the [current element identifier] are established. If any
triples are generated then the [chaining] flag is set to true.;
One or more 'types' for the [current element identifier] can be set by
using @instanceof. If present, the attribute must contain one or more
[curie]s, each of which is converted to an absolute URI using CURIE
processing rules, and then used to generate a triple as follows:

subject
    [current element identifier]
predicate
    http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type
object
    expanded value from the curie

Note that there is no language above of what completes a hanging rel. If
you are making an argument for having @instanceof apply to @about,
[current bnode], and @href... why not @resource and @src as well?

-- manu

--