Re: dependencies (hopefully not) in RDFa...

First, relax.  We were aware of these dependencies.

To address your specific questions:

1) XHTMLROLE is referenced normatively.  It will finish the W3C process
LONG before rdfa-syntax, so I wouldn't worry about it.  However, it is
only referenced to provide examples of well defined values for the role
property in the vocab# space.  It is not critical to XHTML-RDFa, and we
could remove the reference at any time without changing the meaning of
the document.  I suggest we leave it in and, if we get to CR and ROLE
isn't done, remove it.  That would not be a substantive change.

2) XHTMLMOD 1.1 is referenced only because when we started this that
version was ready to go to CR.  And it still is.  For some reason we
cannot get the W3C management to schedule a transition call. The
document has been ready for over a year.  Its very frustrating.
Regardless, the only reason we might NEED 1.1 instead of 1.0 is that 1.1
defines schema implementation mechanisms.  If that were available to us,
we could include a SCHEMA implementation for the metainformation module
in an appendix (I already have one written).  However, this is not
critical.  I hope that W3C will pull its thumb out and let us transition
XHTMLMOD 1.1 in the coming weeks.  If not, we lose nothing by changing
the reference to the REC.  However, we can safely wait until we are
ready to go to CR.  Changing the reference would have no substantive
impact on the document.

Obviously we could change or remove the references now and change them
back later if things progress, but I would consider it a personal favor
if we did not.  Keeping them maintains pressure on those documents, and
that's important.

Thanks for noticing, but I am 100% confident that we are fine.