Re: ODF and semantic web

Shane McCarron wrote:

 > Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
 >>
 >> OK, but note that ODF is defined in RELAX NG.
 >>
 >> Do you have an RNG version of the module that can be imported by other
 >> schemas?
 > No we do not.  There is no normative implementation of the XHTML M12N
 > framework in RNG.  I am sure I could craft a non-normative version of
 > the module in RNG if that would speed your adoption.  Or, if you have
 > experience in RNG and want to do the implementation and contribute it, I
 > surely wouldn't object!

I have the knowledge on the RNG side, but I find the DTD stuff
unreadable. I wish we could get the XHTML world beyond DTDs!

Moving on ... this is where I get confused. DTDs have no support for
namespaces. And if I look at the XSD fragment in one of the links you
posted (pasted below), there is no namespace declared.

So how is it given this that these attributes can be namespaced? I'm not
understanding the technical details that would allow, for example, this
to be valid:

 <foo:node bar:about="http://ex.net">...</foo:node>

Also, I would think the attributes would allows xsd:anyURI.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xs:schema
     xmlns:xh11d="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/datatypes/"
     elementFormDefault="qualified"

   <xs:annotation>
     <xs:documentation>
       This is the XML Schema Metainformation Attributes module for XHTML

       $Id: Overview.html,v 1.2 2007/08/11 19:11:28 jigsaw Exp $
     </xs:documentation>
     <xs:documentation source="xhtml-rdfa-copyright-1.xsd"/>
   </xs:annotation>

   <xs:annotation>
     <xs:documentation>
       XHTML Metainformation Attributes
     </xs:documentation>
   </xs:annotation>

   <xs:attribute name="about" type="xs:anyURI"/>
   <xs:attribute name="content" type="xh11d:CDATA"/>
   <xs:attribute name="datatype" type="xs:QName"/>
   <xs:attribute name="property" type="xs:QName"/>
   <xs:attribute name="rel" type="xs:QName"/>
   <xs:attribute name="rev" type="xs:QName"/>

   <xs:attributeGroup name="XHTML.metaAttributes.attlist">
     <xs:attribute ref="about"/>
     <xs:attribute ref="content"/>
     <xs:attribute ref="datatype"/>
     <xs:attribute ref="property"/>