tests for qualified RDFa attributes [was: ODF and semantic web]

On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 11:04 -0500, Shane McCarron wrote:
> [...]
> The names of RDFa attributes are indeed stable now, and are "namespaced"
> in that they exist in the XHTML namespace.

Really? I didn't realize that.

Please add a test suite to make this clear to developers.

The way I read Ivan's code, he didn't realize that either:

http://dev.w3.org/2004/PythonLib-IH/pyRdfa/ Parse.py 15-Oct-2007

	if not
_hasOneOfAttributes(node,"href","resource","about","property","instanceof","rel","rev") :

def _hasOneOfAttributes(node,*args) :
	"""
	Check whether one of the listed attributes is present on a node.
	@param node: DOM element node
	@param args: tuple consisting of possible attributes
	"""
	return True in [ node.hasAttribute(attr) for attr in args ]

>   The DTD and Schema
> implementations allow for inclusion of those namespaced attributes in
> any XML grammar.  The current document, rdfa-syntax [1], is focused upon
> XHTML 1.1 + RDFa just because that is the markup language we are
> defining right now and because describing the RDFa attributes in terms
> of a markup language is a lot easier for people to grasp.
>
> We recently rolled the separate "xhtml-rdfa" module [2] document into
> "rdfa-syntax" so it would be easier for people to read and comprehend.
> My take on your request is that a clearly defined module that could be
> used in any host language would make it easier for your group to look at
> convergence down the road.  Is that a fair characterization?
>

> [1] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2007/ED-rdfa-syntax-20070927
> [2] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2007/ED-xhtml-rdfa-20070811/ (note - obsolete!)

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E