Re: Dumb Question

Mark Birbeck wrote:

> I have to say though, that I think all of this is going to come back
> and bite us, just like the issue of not generating triples if @class
> is non-prefixed. I still favour some kind of switch that can turn some
> of these features on and off, since it seems to me just as legitimate
> to deal with these issues at the level of some triple store, as it is
> to constantly tweak with the syntax.
I personally still think that using @class at all is a huge mistake.
The (new) HTML Working Group appears to be making that mistake too;
adding semantics to class values where none previously existed.  We are
introducing new functionality, and it should be coupled with a new
attribute.  e.g. @role.  Or, if we don't like @role, something else.  I
know that we don't like having people duplicate things, but seriously...
principle of least surprise.  Alternatively, use a profile value to mean
"this page wants to create RDFa triples using profile X" were X might be
"use role for this" or "use class for that".  Dunno.  But at least that
way it isn't by accident.