Re: Today's telecon / Agenda Item

Michael,

I agree that this is a key topic, and it is something I too am very
interested in. However, I don't think it's an RDFa issue, but rather
an RDF one. As you navigate around the web you can pick up statements
from all sorts of places, not just the page you are viewing, and not
just in RDFa. Being able to store those statements for use in many
contexts is an exciting prospect.

On 22/01/07, Hausenblas, Michael <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at> wrote:

> All,
>
> In anticipation of the today's agenda, I'd like to propose
> a discussion item (might be an input for UC or primer).
>
> So far (please correct me) we've been talking about RDF
> being embedded in a single HTML page. This is valid and
> true for various cases, though not the only aspect thinkable.
>
> Image the following situation:
>
>  Urs goes through his feeds and encounters a news headline
>  like "Clinton-Obama Ticket Stirs Fear in GOP". The news site
>  hosting the article of course uses RDFa to describe the
>  content semantically. Next Urs wants to know more about GOP,
>  finally finding himself at "https://www.gop.com/", etc.
>
> What we see here is a session rather than a single page visit.
>
> The issue I'd like to raise now is:
>
> "How can RDFa and RDFa-based tools help to gather information
> collected in a typical user's (cross-site) session".
>
> Technically I guess this would mean to build a RDF graph until
> either the user tells the systems to reset it or a contradiction
> was encountered.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Cheers,
>         Michael

>  Michael Hausenblas, MSc.
>  Institute of Information Systems & Information Management
>  JOANNEUM RESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
>  Steyrergasse 17, A-8010 Graz, AUSTRIA
>
>  <office>
>     phone: +43-316-876-1193 (fax:-1191)
>    e-mail: michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at