Re: [RDFa] Wrap up of XMLLiteral issue

Nice work Michael. It looks fine to me, with only one question; should
we _always_ use the language when establishing plain literals? My
feeling is that we should, but you only have it at the bottom of the
flow, and not on the right. Was that a conscious decision? I.e., do
you feel that @content should behave differently to inline text with
no mark-up?

Actually, just looked again, and I have one more question...the first
step could just be:

  'is @property present (on any element) or @name present (on <meta>)'

could it not? That's essentially how you establish whether you have a
literal. If @property/@name is not present then just exit, i.e., we
don't need to mention URIs and such like.

But other than that, it's very nice. :)

On 12/04/07, Hausenblas, Michael <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at> wrote:

> Ben, All,
>
> Motivated by our yesterday's resolution regarding XMLLiteral [1],
> I now tried to sketch the current status. I thought the best way
> to do this is to draw a process chart ;)
>
> What I basically did, was trying to apply the rules from the
> current section '5.1 Literals as Objects' of the RDFa syntax
> document [2] along with the agreed upon hybrid approach w.r.t.
> XMLLiteral.
>
> The result is available on our Wiki entitled 'RDFa/LiteralObject' [3].
>
> I'm in doubt that I got everything right, so please feel free to
> go to the Wiki page [3] and add comments, questions, etc.
>
> Cheers,
>         Michael
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/11-rdfa-minutes.html
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/syntax/
> [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa/LiteralObject

>  Michael Hausenblas, MSc.
>  Institute of Information Systems & Information Management
>  JOANNEUM RESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
>  Steyrergasse 17, A-8010 Graz, AUSTRIA
>
>  <office>
>     phone: +43-316-876-1193 (fax:-1191)
>    e-mail: michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at