Re: meta element

Elias Torres wrote:
> I have been working with another RDFa implementor and he's been very
> helpful in finding bugs in the spec. I have a question regarding the
> meta element.
>
> Can meta have child elements?

> If so, shouldn't they be rdfs:XMLLiterals? In Section 6.2 FOAF the
> snippet above generates a triple with a plain literal object.
>
> or is the behavior to always use @content?
>
> -Elias

Hm. I see that sometimes you need the have XMLLiterals. However... I can
imagine that the meta element could also be used as some sort of an
escape mechanism to add more complex RDF statements when the core RDFa
becomes a bit awkward (e.g., involving lots of blank nodes, lists, etc).
I would then like to see something like

  <rdf:RDF .....>
 ... usual RDF/XML here ...
  </rdf:RDF>

This could also be important to use copy/paste for additional materials
like, for example, CC statements that I would simply copy from my older
materials...

Well, do we want that?

FOAF: http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf#Me