Re: RDFa and GRDDL and Drupal

On 30/05/2006 02:37, Ben Adida wrote:

> Remember the RDFa requirements (a subset here, for clarity):
> 1) publisher independence in picking vocabularies
> 2) in-context metadata with copy-and-paste
> 3) expressing metadata about embedded objects and fragments of pages
>
> GRDDL doesn't provide (2). Microformats don't provide (1) and (3). eRDF
> doesn't provide (2) and (3).

I'd just like to point out that eRDF can express metadata about embedded
objects and fragments, so this fragment:

embeds the following triple:

<#ian> foaf:name "Ian Davis" .

I'm also curious about what you regard as copy-and-paste metadata and
why eRDF doesn't support it. I'm assuming you mean that you need the
schema abbreviations for the embedded RDF to make sense? I don't see how
RDFa solves this problem. I can copy the following XHTML fragment from
an RDFa document and lose all context:

         I'm giving
             a talk at the XTech Conference about web widgets
         on
             May 8th at 10am

Since the cal namespace prefix isn't used for elements or attributes how
is the user agent supposed to know to copy the cal namespace declaration?

Ian
--
http://purl.org/NET/iand
Blogging at... http://iandavis.com/blog