RE: RDF/A triples without PCDATA

Steven Pemberton wrote:

>If your <meta> is in the <head> then it is by default non-visible, and
in that
>case there is no effective difference between

Thanks Steven. I'll posit a use case to make the typical kind of thing
I'm thinking of clearer. Let's say that there's a recipe inside of <div
id="r1"></div> somewhere in an XHTML 2 document, and I want to store
workflow-related information about that recipe in that document: I want
to record that that recipe has a foo value of 3.4, a bar value of "off",
and a foobar value of 2006-04-01. My first impulse is to put the
following somewhere,

but it looks like the XHTML 2 head element can't have a div element as a
child. I'm assuming that storing them inside of the div[@id="r1"]
element is one option, and I'd like to see the best way to do that, but
would like to throw into my use case that the system owners want to see
the metadata about the various document components pieces (multiple
recipes, pictures, etc.) stored in one place in the document. Would it
make more sense to store the div element above in the body, or to store
three meta elements with the same @about value in the head, or am I
completely off track?

As with any data technology where there is a lot of flexibility, I think
it's best to at least lay out some best practices as a model for people
to follow so that we can start accumulating instances of that data.

Thanks,

Bob