Re: RDFa reliance on namespace declaration

On 16/06/2006 15:25, Mark Birbeck wrote:
> * are you really losing all namespace declarations from the document,
> or do you just mean that they have been removed from the root
> element?;

My language was sloppy. I meant it copied across only the namespace
declarations used to name elements and attributes in the resulting
document. My result consisted of a copy of Ben's home page with the x:
namespace prefix bound to the XHTML namespace. No other namespaces were
declared in the result document.

> * why do you see it as a common need to write a stylesheet that very
> consciously removes all namespace declarations from the root element?

That's not it's intention. In fact, the stylesheet processor will copy
across namespace declarations that are used by elements and attributes.
But it can't possibly understand the notational convention used by RDFa
so doesn't see those usages in attrbute content.

As I said in my earlier email, stylesheets written in this way are not
atypical in my experience.

Ian

--
http://purl.org/NET/iand