Re: RDFa and GRDDL and Drupal

* Ben Adida wrote:
>One important aspect that Dries mentioned is that Drupal produces
>XHTML that must validate. So, if Drupal chooses RDFa, it will only
>be deployed once an official W3C validator accepts it.

Unless relying on bugs in the W3C Markup Validator is considered an
option here, this won't happen until there is a W3C Candidate Re-
commendation that fully defines a XHTML document type that includes
some level of "RDFa" support and meets the applicable requirements
set forth in the then current XHTML Modularization specification.

Depending on the desired level of acceptance, changes to several
web and internet standards might be required aswell, and, as far
as I understand it, it is impossible to make a XHTML 1.x document
type that fully supports "RDFa".

Instead of going down that route, I would recommend to establish a
group that operates under the W3C Process that takes a close look
at requirements and use cases for XHTML meta data and develops so-
lutions that address them.

Regarding your initial question "why does the validator refuse
extra attributes when I'm told that it shouldn't?" I think

  http://www.w3.org/mid/fd1aeeb2da7096efefa7cfd2809bd06a@mit.edu

provides a good link with answers; you might use this opportunity
to reconsider whether it's a good idea to "urge" others to read
introductory material if they know more about the subject matter
than you do.