Re: ACTION: Mark to send Ben his latest XML version of the Primer

On Jan 24, 2006, at 11:14 AM, Mark Birbeck wrote:

> One reason that I think the 'simple' example is an important
> addition is
> that it makes the distinction between simple metadata added by an HTML
> author (such as in a personal blog) and metadata that is added by a
> server,
> and which is probably stored elsewhere (the Shutr example). Both
> are very
> important, and I'm pleased that we are showing how *both* are
> possible with
> RDF/A. After all, the target for the primer is both authors who
> want to add
> a few tags to their documents, and systems builders who want to
> provide
> metadata on their pages in a generic way.

Yes, absolutely.

> (I don't know if that makes for a suitable section breakdown? I.e.,
> rather
> than 'A Simple Scenario' and 'A Second Scenario', we might have
> something
> about author-created and system-created metadata? I've no strong
> feelings on
> that though, since as more examples are added other distinctions
> may come
> along.)

I propose that we leave it as is for now, since it is basically an
organization that reviewers will immediately diff against the
previous version. Then we can discuss how better to integrate them
into one doc.

>> Let me know what you think, and then I'll send it to the WG:
>> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/2006-01-24-rdfa-primer
>>
>> Compare with the last version:
>> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/2006-01-15-rdfa-primer
>
> Perfect...although could you add my name to the authors list, please?

Oy, of course. I didn't merge that correctly.

Fixed now. I will send an email to the WG immediately.

-Ben