Re: Additional Examples for RDF/A Primer

From: Ben Adida <ben@mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 19:39:37 -0500
Cc: public-rdf-in-xhtml task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>

Mark, Dan,

On the issue of expressing the foaf:Person as an extra node, one can
use a chunk of the document, right? I believe we used that example in
the RDF/A Syntax document [1]. It would look something like what
follows, remembering that LINK and META are special and let you
reference the containing node (I'm using DIVs instead of SECTIONs for
now):

=========
    <link rel="foaf:homepage" href="" />
    My name is <meta property="foaf:name">Ben Adida</meta>,
    and you're looking at my homepage.

=========

Whether this is simpler than other proposed examples is a matter of
taste, though I do like this use of META and LINK and having all the
foaf information be self-contained. I also believe that specifying
the foaf:homepage property would automatically cause, by inference,
the proper RDF type to be applied to <#person>, correct?

-Ben

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/2005-rdfa-syntax