RE: Continuation of Name & Marketing Discussion

Hi all,

Some ideas that are more along the lines of categories of names rather than
specific proposals:

 * what we're doing allows you to publish *your* metadata
   really easily;

 * what we're doing is adding extra meaning to your
   mark-up.

The first category could have names along the lines of 'I do something', or
'my something'. So we could perhaps play on the 'i...' family of names and
have iMeta, iData, iTag, etc. (None of these are free as direct domain names
though, although my-data.org is.)

The second category would give you something more descriptive like
'intelligent mark-up', 'smart mark-up', 'layered inline mark-up', etc.

There are surely other categories that are relevant, but whichever you went
for, it would be great if the resulting word was something easily memorable
and distinctive, independent of what it stands for. For example, 'iTag' is
descriptive as it stands, but 'layered inline mark-up' might become LIME,
opening the way to nice design, etc. 'intelligent mark-up' might be become
iMarkup, which plays to both categories. (iMarkup.org is free.)

This latter approach of making the 'i' stand for both 'I do something' and
'intelligent' gives other ways of bringing the two categories together. So
say we decided to call the approach:

  "Inline mark-up tagging"

you could then abbreviate this to:

  I'm tagging

which is nice and participatory, as well as being active. A site name that
flows from this could be:

  imtagging.org

(All versions of this domain name are available.)

I'm not enamoured of any of these, as it happens--I'm just more trying to
play around with what exactly it is that we're describing.