RE: documents from RDF-in-HTML Task Force

Hello,
Nice documents!

It would be very useful to see RDF/A discuss n-ary statement translation, as
well as statements with anonymous predicates. The n-ary examples would be
particulary helpful as I design Legal XHTML's ontogies which fully use n-ary
expressions since UNCEFACT naming conventions are being followed. The crux of
the Legal XHTML design is that a small set of predicate verbs (like <has>,
<had>, <isA>, <wasA>, and others) are defined, and all objects are then named,
e.g. DocumentLicense. In my view the most efficient coding, using an example
from your document, would then be:

	This document is available under a
	<a rel='has:DocumentLicense' href='...'/>license</a>.

where xmlns:has='http://www.legalxhtml.org/schema.owl#has', that is, the
dereferenced namespace yields an rdf:Property object (whose ontology,
conventionally, is the same as that for DocumentLicense). As for anonymous
predicates, my approach is intutively consistent, in that it would be

	This document is available under a
	<a rel='DocumentLicense' href='...'/>license</a>.

Finally, it would be reassuring to hear that the RDF/A attributes are being
defined as QNAMES, not merely QNAME. That way there is less vocabulary lock-in,
eg:

	This document is available under a
	<a rel='cc:license has:DocumentLicense' href='...'/>license</a>.

Thanks much,
John McClure

PS Incidentally, the example above is easily adjusted to identify a PREVIOUS
license associated with the document.

	This document was once available under a
	<a rel='had:DocumentLicense' href='...'/>license</a>.
	This document will soon be available under a
	<a rel='willHave:DocumentLicense' href='...'/>license</a>.

Unfortunately the expressiveness of <cc:license> does NOT provide any
information relating to the temporal nature of the relationship between subject
and object -- this is what the <has>, <had>, and other predicate verbs
specifically provide.