Re: BNode problem in XHTML2

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 14:32 +0200, Steven Pemberton wrote:
> On Tue, 17 May 2005 22:06:45 +0200, Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org> wrote:
>
> > The specific attribute names ('some' and 'other') seem workable, but
> > it might be worth pondering their usability, and considering
> > alternatives.
>
> Normally a comment like this would get the reply "thanks for your input"
> :-)

Thanks for your input.

Seriously, I've been wracking my brains for alternatives, but I can't
think of
anything compelling.

One lesson from the RDF/XML design is to try it out in a few examples.
The "about" attribute worked well when the element it was on was
<rdf:Description> but less well when it was a "typed node", ie.
something
like <ex:Person>, since the pseudo-English of "Description about..."
broke down.

I hope to get some time to work on examples in the next couple weeks...

> But seriously, I did call for suggestions[1], and got none, so in the
> absense of any other suggestions, 'some' and 'other' it is.

Fine by me...

cheers,

Dan

--