Re: status of RDF/A

Steven,

Thanks for the reply but we need a bit more clarity on this subject in
order to continue a productive interaction between the SemWeb Best
Practices WG (RDF-in-xHTML-TF) and the HTML WG. Simply put, the Task
Force needs to have some what of understanding the HTML WG's plans for
including or not including RDF/A in the upcoming Last Call draft. If
you're saying that resolution from two years ago cited below indicates
a clear intent to include RDF/A as proposed by the Task Froce in the
Last Call draft, then I'd appreciate you making that more clear. (My
guess is some update would be required as I don't really think this
resolution can indicate acceptance of a proposal that didn't even exist
that the time it was taken.) If, on the other hand, the WG either
hasn't decided about RDF/A or is inclined to exclude it, then it would
be good for that to be clear, too.

I do appreciate the work that you and Mark Birbeck have been doing on
the task force, but we're still missing, afaik, a clear yes/no,
hate-it/love-it, need more info indication from the HTML WG.

I think that much of the source of confusion here is the rather long
gap in publication of public working drafts from the HTML WG.  If we
could all see drafts of the WG's work and current state of consensus,
then the RDF-in-xHTML-TF would be able to understand the current state
of mind w.r.t this issue. As it is, we're going on tea leaves, old
resolutions, etc. This makes collaboration difficult.

Thanks,

Danny

--
Daniel J. Weitzner