[HTML] Re: additional GRDDL editor

On Tue, 3 May 2005, Ralph R. Swick wrote:
> At 01:53 PM 5/2/2005 -0400, Ben Adida wrote:
> >2) GRDDL editor from this task force
> >Ralph asked for an additional GRDDL editor, possibly from this task force. We should discuss a bit.
>
> *possibly* from this task force.  Actually, I hope that someone else
> in the WG might feel that they should step up to this task.  Or even
> some other Member who hasn't yet joined the Working Group.

I assume "the wg" means SWBPD WG and not HTMLWG, I'm in the former and
have been lurking there and on this task force list for some time, not
active.

> Frankly, I feel that if we do not get additional participants then both
> of the following are true:
> 1. the WG does not have sufficient resource to continue working
>    on the GRDDL approach
> 2. there is not sufficient evidence presented to the WG to justify
>    it continuing to work on the GRDDL approach

I was interested enough in GRDDL to try implementing it, as I think
getting semantics out of xhtml1 (and xml) is important enough to
continue the GRDDL approach, while other things such as RDF/A are
moving on for xhtml2+.

So, if some effort is needed I think I may offer help as co-editor
if I can slot it in with my DAWG work and also trying to get
Turtle into some kind of Note too.

What are the goals for GRDDL in the short term - timescales,
expected document status (WG note?), community review?

Dave