RE: Agenda for DC Architecture meeting in Madrid

Hi Andy,

As you'll be looking at the DCMI Namespace Policy, let me
mention that, as things stand, the IPTC is highly unlikely
to be using the DC namespaces for the corresponding containers.
The main reason is the existing DCMI Namespace Policy, which
makes use of different namespaces for different elements.  We
are unwilling to require our implementors to:

-  declare two namespaces for DC elements,

-  remember which DC element belongs to which namespace.

Incidentally, we also disagree with the approach of placing
a version number in the namespace URI.  This alone would
probably be a sufficient reason for us not to use the DC
namespaces, as it is highly likely to lead a repetition of
the above problem.

Misha Wolf
Chair, IPTC News Metadata Framework WG