Re: [microformats-discuss] Microformat validation

I have to confess that most of this flew over my head.  What I think
you are saying is something like this.

"While microformats are not optimized for machine validation out of
the box, we might be able to get around that by associating them with
some parallel ontology constructions that are more amenable to
automated processing.  Then, by analogy with these parallel
constructions, we could determine whether the page author was using
microformat components consistent with their semantics."

Sounds like a worthy goal, but I wonder if you might not achieve a
similar end by dropping the middleman (RDF/OWL?) and writing the XSLT
rules (or some imperative equivalent) directly.  It would be a bit
more ad hoc, but as you mention we don't have the RDF for most
microformats and the machinery for the processing is not there yet.

Bud