Re: Use Cases for Bridging the Clickable Web and the Semantic Web

Hi all,

On Sep 8, 2004, at 19:05, Ben Adida wrote:
> ---------
> written by <a href="http://ben.adida.net">Ben Adida</a>
> ---------

In this example we want to represent the RDF statement:  <referrer URI>
<dc:creator> <http://ben.adida.net>, right?

I have in mind something like:

and the browser placing the rel information in the HTTP REFERRER header
to pass it to the server.

The REFERRER header holds a URI and can therefore encode just about
anything.  Right now it encodes the URI of the referring document (the
RDF subject).  I propose allowing it to hold both the RDF subject and
the RDF predicate.  That is, the referring URI and the relationship URI
(dc:creator in this example).  There would be no change to the HTTP
spec as long as it was encoded as a URI.

Regards,
Dave
--
David Wood