Re: Quick glance through xhtml2 meatainformation module

Dominique Hazaël-Massieux <dom@w3.org> wrote:

> I think it would really be worth spending some time writing a few of the
> RDF/XML test cases in XHTML to detect inconsistencies/incompatibilities;
> I unfortunately don't have the time to do it for now.

I spent some time trying to write some XSLT to convert this syntax to
RDF/XML [1], and I have a couple of comments:

The beginning of 20.4 says "Metadata that is relevant to a resource
referred to by a link can be placed inside the link element with no
about.", but the example show a <meta> inside a <link>.

Also, the same sentence is ambiguous about which <link> cannot have
an about attribute. Seems obvious it's the inner one, but the first time
I read it I understood the outer one.

"Both the rel and rev attributes may be specified simultaneously."

This puzzles me very much. In the case where one writes
rel="A" rev="B"
doesn't it imply that A and B are necessarily Functional Inverse Properties?

[1] http://www.w3.org/2004/08/xhtml-meta/meta2rdf.xsl
It would of course have been easier to do in XSLT2, especially with the QNames
functions. I might do that next.