Re: Validating XHTML with embedded RDF

On Wednesday 25 June 2003 18:28, Dan Brickley wrote:
>   (so when you say 'the rdf crowd don't want...', are you just noting
> that in context of dtds?)

I mean a consensus on behalf of that community has failed to materialize.

> > e. Create a new sort of XHTML1.* document using RNG that validates the
> > XHTML and RNG. This is the only thing *not* done by Mimasa <smile/>,
> > though I assume it could be done?
>
> Could a single online validation service handle this plus the previous
> two scenarios? Just one approach would be enough to allow people (at
> last) to deploy RDF-in-XHTML....

I'm not sure what you mean by "scenarios", I'd consider them "approaches",
but to enumerate how one might implement the validators for various
approaches:

1. My experimental validator uses Sun's Multischema Validator to validate a
test Creative Commons page. This will go away at some point.
http://policy.w3.org/xsd-xhtml1-validate
http://policy.w3.org/cgi/xsd-xhtml1-validate?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpolicy.w3.org%2Ftest-cc.html

2. Now that I've learned about the most recent XSV update, the XSV validator
can also easily validate instances against the XHTML(valid)+RDF(lax)
schema. This is nice because we wouldn't have to set up or maintain any new
service.
http://www.w3.org/2001/03/webdata/xsv
http://www.w3.org/2001/03/webdata/xsv?docAddrs=http%3A%2F%2Fpolicy.w3.org%2Ftest-cc.html++http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2FPeople%2Fmimasa%2Ftest%2Fschemas%2FSCHEMA%2Fxhtml1-loose.xsd&style=offline

3. The more rigorous XHTML(valid)+RDF(valid) would need a Web Service
implemented on Jing. The latest Jing supports RNG, XML Schema (via a
Xerces-J wrapper), Schematron and NRL. This would give more power, but NRL
isn't mature yet (it's a proposal to a ISO Committee) and means that we
have to maintain it as a service.