Re: Proposed solutions to RDF in XHTML

On Monday 18 August 2003 09:24, Dominique Hazaël-Massieux wrote:
> 1. RDF in XHTML using a mix of schemas technologies, mainly proposed and
> developed by Masayasu [1]; this solution involves putting real RDF
> inside the XHTML Markup; the XHTML Markup could be validated using a
> schema validator

Right, the issue there was that I don't know what sort of doctype/namespace
these documents would have. I don't think we could sneak it under any of
the existing ones. Mimasa mentioned that folks were considering how to do
modularization with non-DTDs, but I that's nascent work.

> 2. RDF expressed in XHTML, where the RDF content would be extractable
> from an XHTML document using a well-defined process (such as XSLT); this
> solution has been championned by Dan Connolly [2]

The issue here is whether we could ask RDF applications to support an "input
transform" mechanism, with XSLT as an obvious option?