RE: Status of comment RC-2

Dear all,

I have no specific stake in the ground on this issue, but I would like
to ask two questions the other way around:

* Who would object against proceeding the way Richard sugggests?
(Noting that such normative change would imply probably
 another LC, I am inclined to object, actually)

* Also, do we already have implementations that do use HTTP status
messages as we suggest (which would break if we now adopt Richard's proposal?

Conequently, I see the following options (please let me know if this summary
it correct):

------------------------------
Option 1) keep everything as-is (non-normatively recommend to
          return error messages in the form of HTTP status messages)
          and live with Richard's potential objection

Option 2) recommend to return error messages in the form of
          text/plain *normatively* (that's what Richard wants,
          but requires another LC, right?)

Option 3) describe *both* options to convey error messages
          *informally only*, namely
             a) return errors in the form of HTTP status messages, or
             b) return errors in the form of text/plain
          without recommending either and putting standardization
          of a particular behaviour to the future work items list.

Option 4) return error messages in the form of text/plain *informally only*
          (i.e. adopting Richard's suggestion, but in a weaker form that doesn't
           require another LC)

My personal votes are as follows:
 Option 1)  0
 Option 2)  -1
 Option 3)  +1 (in case we already have implementations that do use HTTP status messages)
 Option 4)  +1 (otherwise)

Best,
Axel