RE: another update test added (was: RE: Questions on grammar restrictions on Blank Node reuse across...)

Hi Andy,

I don't want to hold anythnig up here, would the following fix within
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/basic-update/insert-05a-g1-pre.ttl
change your negative perception of insert-05?

    s/_:b1/[]/

That would make clear that we are not talking about shared blank node labels here.
Would that be a compromise?

> " in fact, does not actually test the right thing"

I am frankly not sure what you mean by "the right thing"

Just to recap, what I was aiming at testing here is whether
the double insert is idempotent.

05 tests this, i.e. it tests whether the resulting graphs stay equivalent
according to the definition (http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/#section-graph-equality).

05a does *not* test this, is tests whether the resulting graphs have the same
number of triples, not whether they are equivalent. I do not oppose test case 05a at all,
it is fine to approve it, but it tests a weaker condition.

That's why I'd prefer to have 05 in as well (with the proposed change above, if that's something people can live with).

Best regards,
Axel

--
Dr. Axel Polleres