Re: Review of Update

On 11/16/2011 03:57 AM, Paul Gearon wrote:
>> 3.1.3 DELETE/INSERT
>> >

>> >  The bindings for each solution are then substituted into the DELETE template
>> >  to remove triples, and then in the INSERT template to create new triples.
>> >
>> >  ->  Explain what happens if a variable in the template has no value in a
>> >  solution: this is processed as in construct-where ...
> Added the following:
> "Variables in the template that have no binding in a solution are
> equivalent to a blank node. This will create a new node in an INSERT
> template and result in no effect in a DELETE template."

I think that insert and construct should behave in the same way when a
variable is not bound :

http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/query-1.1/rq25.xml#construct

16.2  Construct

"If any such instantiation produces a triple containing an unbound
variable or an illegal RDF construct, such as a literal in subject or
predicate position, then that triple is not included in the output RDF
graph. "

Olivier