Re: Service Description implemented in RedStore

On 14/10/2011 17:16, "Gregory Williams" <greg@evilfunhouse.com> wrote:

> On Oct 14, 2011, at 10:06 AM, Nicholas Humfrey wrote:
>
>> I am using the first URI registered for a format as its Format identifier.
>> This doesn't make sense in a lot of cases - might need to make up some
>> additional format URIs for the additional weird and wonderful formats that
>> Redland supports.
>
> Can you give examples of "weird and wonderful formats"? I'm not sure if we
> should be minting URIs for every format that comes along. I think all of the
> ones we've done so far are rec-track (except maybe N3?). I'd be happy to see
> the SPARQL CSV/TSV formats added, but hesitant to add every format redland
> supports, for example.

Oh, I totally agree. Just wondering if there should be URIs for these less
standard formats minted elsewhere (librdf.org?). It would be usful to be
able to deference them to something concistent (rdfs:label, rdfs:comment,
mime_type).

Some examples in Redland that don't currently have Format URIs:
- Trig
- N-Quads
- Talis JSON
- JSON triples
- GraphViz DOT format
- GRDDL
- RSS 1.0
- Atom

Perhaps these two could have official W3C URIs - they are used in the SPARQL
test cases I think?
- Turtle SPARQL Query Results
- RDF/XML SPARQL Query Results

Is there a specification for them somewhere?
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/result-set

nick.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/