Re: status of comment "Paradoxical SPARQL query" [was: A question]

> On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 14:21 +0100, Bijan Parsia wrote:
> > In trying to figure out issues with the algebra, I ended up looking
at:
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2006May/
> > 0009.html
> >
> > and wondering if the group thinks it dealt with this point.
>
> I don't think so. I thought perhaps this got lost in the transition
> from me to Kendall, but Kendall ack'd it 7Jun...

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2006Jun/0012

I also agree this hasn't been dealt with, but I think the tentative
solution to the scope-of-FILTERs problem might resolve it satisfactorily.
(If FILTERs are scoped to the smallest enclosing group, then both of those
FILTERs are always true in that query (regardless of dataset) and there's
no paradox whatsoever. Right?)

Lee