Re: Queries over multiple graphs

>On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 11:47:05AM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
>>
>>  In recent discussions over email and on IRC this morning we hit a
>>  difference of implementation in some RDF storage systems.
>>
>>  In my system if you load multiple graphs with distinct source information
>>  and the same statement appears in 2 graphs there are two distinct
>>  statements. The same goes for statements that may be inferred by multiple
>>  routes.
>
>Discussing this further it appears to be a philosophical difference: does
>an RDF store hold a single (merged) RDF graph with statements from
>different sources, or does it hold a set of RDF graphs.

Surely the right answer is, yes. That is, it could be either. Its up
to the owner responsible for maintaining the store to decide. So the
QL ought to be able to handle both cases, which I think is the case
right now.

Pat

>- Steve

IHMC	(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501			(850)291 0667    cell