Re: UC&R feedback from PL designer community (composability)

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 07:16, Kendall Clark wrote:
> I find many of these comments to be unhelpful, but we should probably
> consider them anyway:
>
> http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/view/182

The most technically relevant comment seems to be
the "Compositionality in the bin" bit... I might
phrase it positively as:

 please make the query language compositional

or

 please add a requirement about compositionality

I recall discussion of that sort of thing in Amsterdam,
though I can't confirm explicitly from
 http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/ftf1#ucr

I find the idea of composability appealing; it certainly
sucks that XSTL 1.0 isn't composable; the WG seems to
agree; XSLT 2.0 (and XQuery) are composable.

Perhaps somebody in the WG would like to advocate this
requirement again in light of the new information about these
comments?

Or perhaps Kendall or somebody could encourage that community
to phrase their comments positively and send them to
public-dawg-comments@w3.org ?

more on other stuff I see in that comments page separately...