RE: Objective 4.2 : Change "provenance" to "data management"

Despite this rewording (which does at least attempt a more concrete
definition of what we're talking about), I still think we should avoid
trying to put this stuff into the query language.

The only technology that I think we all really agree on is RDF and the
RDF data model. It strikes me as blatantly wrong to attempt a query
standard based on some other data model, and "RDF+some meta information"
is some other data model. If the meta information can be exposed in RDF,
then our query language should support it by default. If it can't be
exposed in RDF, then why are we considering native support in an RDF
query language?

My understanding is that the reification features of RDF were defined
explicitly to allow this kind of data. Trying to define a new meta-data
layer because this working group doesn't like what the RDF core group
came up with is exactly the kind of out-of-scope project we shouldn't be
engaging in. At best, we should raise issues against RDF core to point
out that their data model does not suffice for what we consider common
usage.