Re: Use Case: "Tell me about this user"

On Mar 26, 2004, at 17:27, ext Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> I agree with you that there is a useage model that is around some kind
> of
> "get RDF about ..." operation - we have not convinced everyone of
> this.  The
> important point is that the result is an RDF graph and part of the
> knowledge
> base, and that this is different from a result set (whether encoded in
> RDF
> or not).
>
> One of the requests I received in yesterday's telecon for the use case
> "Find
> the email address of "John Smith"[1] was for detailed explaination of
> what
> the results are used for.
>
> It could help me to understand "description" better if you could show
> how
> the software used the RDF.

I think the "tell me about this web service" is a pretty good example
that alot of folks should be able to directly relate to. It could
perhaps
be fleshed out with a few more concrete details, but the skinny is that
the client needs to know a number of things about the service in order
to interact with it, and the service description should provide all the
information needed.

Eh?

Patrick

--