Re: thoughts and some refs about AFS-2 UC (simplicity, minimalism )

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 01:21:34PM -0800, Rob Shearer wrote:

> Yes, the time and resources we'd devote to protocol are of concern to
> me.

Hmm, so, Rob, yr against any sort of protocol standardization work at
all in the first phase (that is, before we have a DAWG-QL document)? I
wonder how we finesse that given our charter? (Fwiw, I don't agree
with that prioritization, I just wonder how you propose ignoring a big
chunk of our charter?)

As Dan has said, the charter can be changed, but it's requires doing
stuff outside the WG and I get the impression that it's
non-trivial. And, surely, we'd have to have some kind of WG consensus
first, and I doubt that's going to be reachable around a move to pull
protocol out or delay it till the QL is done.

Best,
Kendall
--
Sometimes it's appropriate, even patriotic, to be ashamed
of your country. -- James Howard Kunstler