RE: thoughts and some refs about AFS-2 UC (simplicity, minimalism )

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I think KC and I are actually in agreement (for
the most part).

I worry that two such deliverables are so independent that they're not
two parts of a single recommendation; they're two completely independent
recommendations. Scope, time frame, and member interest all seem very
different between the two.

It also seems that the second document (distributed architecture) is
dependent on the first (query language).

I propose that this working group work towards an initial free-standing
recommendation which addresses query language only (as always keeping
longer-term goals in mind). After delivering that recommendation, we can
work toward a network protocol and distributed querying architecture.