Re: host for April DAWG meeting?

Folks,

Asemantics.com would be quite happy to host a 1 or 2 day meeting in
that period.

Now the options we have in Amsterdam are unfortunately some 45 minutes
way with a
bit of a  walk from the RAI conference center and no easy public
transport - so we would
rather propose a meeting in the city of Leiden[1]; which is some 30
minutes from RAI
conference  train station (and trains run day and night) and keep the
location within
an easy walk from the station (depending on exact numbers).

Having WiFi there should not be any problem at all [2] and if we are
thin on time then
it is possible to have a simple/quick dutch lunch[3] served in the
adjacent room; rather
than go out. This would also make a 1.5 day meeting realistic.

As for hotels; trains run day and night - so it is trivial to get back
to the Amsterdam RAI
area or the central Amsterdam area (trains every 10 minutes; and down
to every hour
between 1.38am and 5am). That is easiest. For those of you planning
flights straight in-
or out-; Leiden is essentially the first station south of the airport;
on the main line
from/to Amsterdam; trains every 10 minutes.

Alberto/Dw.

1: http://www.leidenpromotie.nl/english/index.html
2: http://www.wirelessleiden.nl/ in which we are participating
3: Just google for it - a rather utilitarian bread meal in the middle
of the day
    with a certain flair for efficiency which seems to amuse many
foreigners. But
     hey - it is quick:
http://www.expatica.com/source/site_article.asp?
subchannel_id=34&story_id=218