RE: ACTION: elaborate on 4.4

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> Otherwise, the set up client/server has a dependency in assuming some format
> is available.  I suppose use(abuse? not sur eit is correct use) of OPTIONS

The Accept header may be more appropriate. However that is a relatively
fragile contruct - unless there is a mandatory default. But such a default
in essense forces every implementation to at least support one format and
kills the ecosystem for different formats.

By the way - do note that compression is orthogonal in http; and that the
varous serializations we have now are just 1-2% different in size for 10k+
triples once they are compressed.

Dw