Re: Subgraph results counter-example(s)

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 07:45:54AM -0700, Rob Shearer wrote:

> The problem is that this requirement as written introduces the notion of
> "explanation", which is actually a *very* hard problem in general, and
> is almost always more information than the user really wanted.

As I said in the telecon today, I suppose that I (eek!) introduced
this troublesome clause. I don't remember where it came from, and I
don't remember why I would have introduced it. But it is troublesome,
as you point out, and suggests something very different from (and much
harder than) what we wanted to set down as a requirement.

It'll be stricken from the next draft of UC&R.

Kendall Clark